The Resort had received six nominations:
- Best set and design – Freak Show: Toxic Junkyard
- Best costume and make up – Darkest Depths
- Best original concept and design – Freak Show: Toxic Junkyard
- Best scare zone and roaming characters – Scarefest
- Best theme park event – Scarefest
- Best Halloween scare experience – Freak Show: Toxic Junkyard
This means it has retained the awards won last year in respect of the 2019 season, when Darkest Depths was victorious in the ‘Best set and design’ category and Scarefest was recognised as the ‘Best theme park event’.
After having received multiple nominations, Thorpe Park Resort and Chessington World of Adventures Resort were also successful, winning ‘Best original concept and design’ for the scare zones and ‘Best Halloween scare experience’ for Creepy Caves Resurgence respectively.
Now in its fourteenth year, the SCAR awards are held annually by ScareCON in association with ScareTOUR, a site dedicated to providing independent reviews of scare attractions all over the world. As a result of current government restrictions, this year’s event, due to take place at Thorpe Park Resort, has been postponed. Therefore, the 2021 SCAR Award winners were announced in a virtual ceremony on Wednesday 12th May.
TowersTimes would like to congratulate all the winners from last night’s awards. What are your thoughts on this year’s winners? Make sure you share your thoughts over on the Attraction Source Forum.