The Resort will begin to welcome local families to enjoy the Alton Towers Gardens every day from Monday 29th March to Sunday 11th April. On these dates, the Gardens will open from 10am – 4pm, with last entry at 2pm. As in 2020, entry will be £12 for adults, £5 for children aged 3-11, and free for Merlin Annual Passholders and Alton Towers Season Passholders, with all guests required to pre-book their tickets.
The Theme Park is then set to resume operation from Monday 12th April, with the Enchanted Village Woodland Lodges also opening from this date as self-contained accommodation. There will remain restrictions on the number of guests able to visit each day, and a small number of indoor attractions will remain temporarily closed. A range of safety measures will also continue to be in place upon the initial re-opening:
- Pre-booking tickets – All guests to pre-book tickets online in advance of their visit to enable capacity control
- Thermometer checks – To be safely admitted into the Resort, employees and guests will be asked to participate in a temperature check using a non-touch thermometer
- Face coverings – All guests aged over 11 years old will now be required to wear masks on all rides (excluding water rides) and in some other locations
- Cleaning protocols – Enhanced cleaning, hygiene stations and additional hand sanitiser will be in place at key locations
- Distance markers – The provision of spatial separation markings and other similar operating adjustments across the Theme Park, including all rides
- Use of PPE – Additional Personal Protective Equipment and clothing for all staff
Following the Theme Park’s re-opening, it is anticipated that The World of David Walliams and Gangsta Granny: The Ride will open in the Spring, after having its original 2020 opening postponed. The thrilling new experience will see guests join Ben and Granny as they attempt the greatest heist in the history of the world: to steal the Crown Jewels! The Resort is also planning a line-up of live entertainment, celebrations and festivities throughout the rest of the year, with more details to be released soon.