(Due to server problems, TowersTimes lost many of it’s news articles in 2006, we have recovered the lead paragraphs for some of these articles, but apologise for not being able to provide the articles themselves.)
- JANUARY 17TH 2006 : CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY LOGO
Another logo for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has been released. View the full news article for more information.
- JANUARY 18TH 2006 : PARK OPENING BROUGHT FORWARD
The park is currently closed and will now re-open on Sunday March 19th 2006!
- JANUARY 20TH 2006 : CHOCOLATE TOWERS
From the 8th till the 23rd of April, Alton towers will be getting a lovely sprinkling of chocolate layered across it. If you’re a chocolate lover this is one event not to be missed.
- JANUARY 22ND 2006 : WINTER WEEKENDS UPDATE
The 2006 Winter Weekends are now well under way, with a slightly different ride line up to that originally advertised…
- JANUARY 27TH 2006 : CATCF PRESS RELEASE
New for 2006! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory™: The Ride. A Fantabulous New Attraction at Alton Towers Opens 1st April 2006
- JANUARY 28TH 2006 : CRED STREET UPDATE
Incredible Ices is being transformed into a new cafe and the Tweenies have finally vacated the premises.
- JANUARY 31ST 2006 : KNIGHTS FEAST RE-FIT
InCREDible Ices is not the only food outlet to change for 2006.
- FEBRUARY 4TH 2006 : BEHIND THE SCENES TOUR
Alton Towers are delighted to announce details of their long awaited Behind the Scenes tour package!
- FEBRUARY 4TH 2006 : CELEBRITY’S RIDE IT OUT
Alton Towers are preparing to help with filming of a new ITV celebrity program.
- FEBRUARY 4TH 2006 : INFO ABOUT CATCF GLASS LIFTS
There has been much speculation about the glass lifts and we now can report a few facts.
- FEBRUARY 4TH 2006 : THE LAST ICE SHOW
It seems that the big top situated in Adventure land will be hosting its last ice show on the last winter weekend in February. The show will cease probably due to cost cutting or because it is no longer possible to do a show with a loud enough audio volume for guests to hear at a comfortable level without it being able to be heard from outside the park.
- FEBRUARY 5TH 2006 : WELCOME BOB THE BUILDER
With the departure of the Tweenies at the end of the 2005 season it looks as though the Cred street theatre and possibly the Cred Street playground as well will be home to Bob the builder for 2006, another much loved BBC children’s character.