From 1st May to 30th September 2015 the Alton Towers Resort dared guests to ride the theme park’s ‘Big Six’ rollercoasters; The Smiler, Th13teen, Rita, Nemesis, Air and Oblivion. Upon completion of the Big Six Challenge guests would be able to return to the theme park for free on 4th November 2015.
How did it work?
- Visit the Alton Towers Resort from 1st May to 30th September 2015
- Download the Big Six Challenge app to your mobile device
- Scan the QR Code found on the ‘Selfie Station’ at each of the rides’ exits
- Redeem your wristband once you scanned all six codes by heading to any of the resort’s shops or the Resort Box Office on Towers Street
- Take a selfie at at least one the rides’ ‘Selfie Stations’ for a chance to win an overnight stay at one of the resort’s hotels
The Big Six
- Free return visit – All guests who completed the Big Six Challenge were able to redeem a wristband, enabling them to return free of charge on Wednesday 4th November 2015
- Overnight stay at the resort – Guests who took at least one selfie at one of the rides’ ‘Selfie Stations’ would be entered in a draw to win one of 25 overnight stays at the resort for two people on 4th November 2015 (Prize withdrawn following the event’s postponement)
- Trip to Gardaland and Heide Park – All participants who complete the challenge before 7th August 2015 would be in with a chance of winning a trip to Gardaland and Heide Park for themselves and one friend, with travel and an overnight stay at each attraction paid for (Prize withdrawn following the event’s postponement)