2010 was the debut year of TH13TEEN so Alton Towers Resort had planned to host a preview weekend in early March, featuring a whole range of exclusives! Unfortunately, the event had to be cancelled as a result of the ride experiencing technical difficulties, with further information found below.
Dates: 12th-14th March
Prices: £198.00pp (Discounts Available)
Alton Towers very kindly released an exclusive 10% discount code (TTF1) for all TowersTimes readers to secure a place at the ‘TH13TEEN Preview Weekend’ on 12th-14th March 2010!
The one-off preview weekend would have comprised of:
- An overnight stay on Friday 12th & Saturday 13th March 2010 in the Alton Towers Hotel including bed, breakfast and evening meals
- Meeting the team behind the project:
- Morwenna Angove – Sales & Marketing Director presenting the Marketing of TH13TEEN
- Gary Moss – Brand Vista Director presenting some of the research behind TH13TEEN
- John Wardley – Ride consultant giving an insight as to how TH13TEEN evolved and what made it so unique
- Exclusive opportunity to ask the team questions and find out information before anyone else
- Tour of the new ride itself – meeting Keith Workman the project manager on site and getting the opportunity to look in places which will usually be inaccessible
- Behind the scenes tours of nearby attractions Rita and Hex
- Limited edition merchandise – including a certificate and photograph!
- Unlimited access to Alton Towers Waterpark and Extraordinary Golf throughout the weekend
- PLUS many extra surprises and giveaways!
Prices started at £89.10 with discount per person per night (based on 2 sharing), and £58.50 (with discount) per person per night for each additional person sharing the room.
“We took the decision to run the Preview Weekend, the first of its kind for the Resort, some months ago recognizing that some of you would welcome the opportunity to experience the TH13TEEN, have a behind-the-scenes tour and learn about how the ride was conceived and marketed. An event of this nature takes a huge amount of organisation and planning particularly as we wanted to make it as special and as unique as the ride itself. As those of you who have received the email are aware, TH13TEEN is an incredibly sophisticated ride and we have experienced some minor technical difficulties during testing. What we have also experienced is some incredibly bad weather over the first few weeks of the year meaning that an enormous amount of work still has to be completed in the TH13TEEN ride area as well as Ug Land which is being rethemed which is why we cannot allow access to the ride area, Ug Land or indeed Rita.
I understand your disappointment and frustration at the weekend being cancelled but we have made this incredibly difficult decision because we could not guarantee the access and the experience that you would expect from Alton Towers Resort. I also understand some of you are rightly annoyed at the short notice which has come about because I had hoped that we would be able to show you some elements if not all – it has become clear over the last 24 hours that this would not be possible.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the cancellation which is totally unavoidable as I now hope you will appreciate. We will be back in touch with those of you who had a reservation for the weekend regarding ‘An evening with John Wardley and TH13TEEN’ soon.”