Theme Park Admission
Unless explicitly stated, theme park admission is not included within your ticket price. We usually offer discounted theme park admission for those needing it.
Please note that due to the nature of our events start times, we are unable to accommodate theme park admission purchases on the day of the event. This includes all offers and vouchers. The only theme park admission tickets accepted on TTSP Events are;
- Valid Attraction/Merlin Annual Passes
- Employee Magic Pass
- Theme Park Admission purchased directly through TTSP
If you hold another ticket type please contact us prior to booking an event ticket for more information.
Anyone aged 13 or below is not permitted to attend alone and we reserve the right to cancel and refund any tickets purchased by someone 13 or below who will not be attending with a guardian. We strongly advise that anyone under 16 obtain is accompanied by a responsible adult (18+) for the entire duration of the event. In order to accompany any underage guests, the guardian will also be required to purchase an event ticket.
Some meetups or events may contain adult orientated activities including visiting pubs and bars within attractions. These activities are strictly 18+.
If you believe you are going to arrive at an event later than the advertised start time, please contact us. Whilst we will try to accomodate late arrivals we cannot guarantee immediate access and we will not be held liable for any parts of the event content you miss as a result.
Events can and often do overun. Activities taking place after park close can be delayed to a number of factors. Please ensure you bear this in mind when making travel arrangements.
Theme Park Regulations
All attendees of any TTSP Meetup or Event must abide by the attraction entry regulations found below. Failure to do so could result in your removal from the park without refund..
THEME PARK REGULATIONS
Alton Towers Resort, together with its owner, Merlin Entertainments Group, places great importance on the safety of its visitors and endeavours to ensure that the high standards set by the company, are complied with by all those on the Theme Park. We are only prepared to allow entry to the Theme Park to those visitors who are willing to comply with the Theme Park Regulations set out below.
We are sure that you will wish to assist us in ensuring the Theme Park and facilities therein remain a safe place in which to enjoy a fun-filled experience. To assist in ensuring your safety, CCTV is in operation throughout the Theme Park.
1 All persons entering Alton Towers Resort are admitted subject to the following Theme Park Regulations. Any person who does not comply with these Regulations may be removed from the Theme Park by either Alton Towers Security Personnel or Police Officers. This without prejudice to any claim that the Park may have against such a person or persons arising out of their actions. Whilst inside the Park, all visitors must comply with any instructions given to them by Security, Park Personnel or Police Officers.
2 Alton Towers Resort reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Theme Park, ban from entry to the Theme Park or remove from the Theme Park any person who:-
2.1 Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of Alton Towers Resort, is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
2.2 Has behaved in the Theme Park in a manner, which, in the opinion of Alton Towers Resort, has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors
2.3 Uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner, which may provoke a breach of the peace.
2.4 Does not follow the written or verbal safety instructions of each ride or attraction or behaves in a manner which may endanger the safety of the individual or other visitors on the ride/attraction (e.g. undoing belts, standing up or splashing).
3. All persons entering the Theme Park must pay for admission or hold a valid admission ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Security. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Theme Park or being found inside the Theme Park without a valid admission ticket may be ejected from the Theme Park.
4. No child or children under the age of 12 will be admitted to the Theme Park unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
5. No dogs except guide dogs or other pets of any kind shall be allowed at the Alton Towers Resort.
6. To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Theme Park, visitors are admitted to the Theme Park subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Theme Park any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article, which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
7. The consumption of intoxicating liquors is permitted only in authorised places and in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor must not be taken into the Theme Park and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol will be refused admission or escorted from the Theme Park.
8. Alton Towers Resort will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by visitors. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Theme Park or attractions, close the Theme Park or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Theme Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment programme, due to capacity, inclement weather or special events, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.
9. All rides, attractions, amusements, transport systems and other facilities must only be used in accordance with the operator’s instructions.
10. Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Theme Park.
11. The climbing of or standing upon fences, barriers, walls, ride structures, or buildings is strictly prohibited.
12. Only persons authorised by Alton Towers Resort are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the Theme Park boundaries.
13. Alton Towers Resort accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any ride undertaken and/or during evacuation from such a ride in the event of breakdown.
14. Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge.
15. From time to time Alton Towers Resort or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the recording in the Alton Towers Resort which comprises the Theme Park, Car parks and both Hotels, which may feature visitors. By accepting these Regulations, you agree that Alton Towers Resort or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Alton Towers Resort or such authorised party (as the case may be).
16. Smoking is strictly prohibited within the Alton Towers Resort, with the exception of designated smoking areas (see resort map for locations).
17. The wearing of clothing, which in the opinion of Alton Towers Resort, is offensive to other visitors is not permitted. Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times. Some attractions require flat shoes (i.e. not stilettos).
These Regulations are for the benefit of all our visitors and will be strictly enforced.
THORPE PARK – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Merlin places great importance on the safety of its guests and endeavours to ensure that its high standards are met by all persons visiting the Attraction. Please assist us in ensuring our Attraction and its facilities remain a safe place in which to enjoy fun and exciting experiences. In these Entry Conditions, the following definitions shall apply: Attraction: THORPE PARK Resort or any part of it; Merlin/Us/We/Our: Merlin Attractions Operations Limited (Company No. 6272935) whose registered office address is at 3 Market Close, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1NQ;
You are admitted to the Attraction subject to the following Entry Conditions. If you do not comply with them you may be removed from the Attraction by Merlin personnel, security or police officers, without any right to a refund. This is without prejudice to any claim that we may have against you or arising out of your actions. Whilst inside the Attraction, you must comply with any reasonable instructions given to you by our personnel or any third party instructed on our behalf. Merlin, acting reasonably, reserves the right to vary these Entry Conditions at any time without prior notice. By entering the Attraction, you accept that you have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your own safety, taking into account any personal medical conditions. All persons in and around the Attraction should behave in a safe manner at all times.
For health and safety reasons (due to the topographical features of the Attraction), wheelchairs and mobility scooters are the only transport devices permitted within the Attraction. For the avoidance of doubt, hoverboards and/or any similar devices are not permitted within the Attraction.
Our commitment to provide a service:
We will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by guests at the Attraction. However, we reserve the right, without prior notice, to close and change the programme of rides and attractions and/or the Attraction’s operating hours. Merlin in its absolute discretion reserves the right to close the whole or any part of the Attraction at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction. The reason for any closure or restriction provided by this condition may include technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of guests or if Merlin reasonably considers the circumstances so require. If the whole Attraction is closed for any of the reasons set out above, we reserve the right to offer substitute tickets for admission to the Attraction on an alternative date in substitution for any other form of redress.
Our right to remove you:
Merlin, acting reasonably at all times, reserves the right, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction, or remove from the Attraction without any right to a refund any person whose presence or behaviour may affect the enjoyment and/or safety of other guests or staff or who: acts in an inappropriate and/or undesirable manner whilst travelling to the Attraction whether by bus, coach or other means, where such behaviour has been reported to us by a reliable independent source; has been convicted of a criminal offence relating to Merlin, or civil unrest at Merlin property/attractions, which, in our opinion, is likely to affect the safety and/or enjoyment of other guests or staff; uses violent, aggressive, threatening, abusive, discriminatory or insulting words or behaviour or in any way behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; climbs or stands upon fences, barriers, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, exhibits or any other buildings at the Attraction; enters or attempts to enter any part of the Attraction which is a restricted or prohibited area as determined by Merlin including, ride areas, workshops and changing rooms. We reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings or prosecute any person who: is found damaging or defacing any part of the grounds, fences, barriers, walls, ride structures, exhibits, fabrics or buildings at the Attraction; or has displayed any sign or visible representation of any kind which is, or could be reasonably judged to be, threatening, abusive or insulting; or has previously acted in any manner which has caused any person to report that individual to Merlin; or is attempting to regain admission to the Attraction or has been found inside the Attraction without a valid ticket; or has purchased or obtained any tickets or discount vouchers from a ticket tout or Merlin reasonably believes that they have purchased a ticket from an unauthorised source. If any guest in breach of any of these Entry Conditions is a member of a group, then such group of individuals may also, at Merlin’s discretion, be denied entry or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund.
THE ATTRACTION IS PRIVATE PROPERTY. All persons entering the Attraction must pay for admission or hold a valid ticket. All persons under 3 years of age may enter the Attraction free of charge. The sale of tickets/vouchers by anyone other than Merlin is strictly prohibited. Only persons authorised by us are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to guests within the Attraction grounds. All tickets are non-transferable, not for resale and will become automatically void on any transfer for value. Tickets purchased are only valid on the date printed on the ticket. Tickets may not be valid for special events or concerts which may attract a separate admission fee. Tickets will only be exchanged or refunded if Merlin, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so. For the avoidance of any doubt, pre-booked tickets are non-refundable in the event that admission is refused or relinquished for any reason referred to in these Entry Conditions. Non-dated tickets booked in advance do not guarantee admission to the Attraction, especially during busy times or on specific days when there are special events. Tickets booked online will be delivered in accordance with our delivery procedure. If tickets are bought on behalf of other guests, the buyer accepts these Entry Conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these Entry Conditions are complied with by each person in the group. If re-entry into the Attraction is required, an appropriate hand-stamp or ticket must be obtained before exiting the Attraction, which must be shown at the time of re-entry to regain access. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Merlin. No child or children under the age of 12 will be admitted to the Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. Merlin reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to change the age restrictions referred to in this condition, if any particular circumstances so require in the interests of safety and security.
Unnecessary noise or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other guests or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Attraction. Smoking (including of e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited other than in the designated smoking areas identified on the park map. All rides, attractions, amusements, transport systems and any other facilities located at the Attraction must only be used in accordance with the relevant manufacturer’s or operator’s instructions which may include restrictions in relation to users’ height, weight and size.
Your dress & appearance must be suitable for a family attraction:
You must wear appropriate clothing (including a top and shoes) at all times whilst at the Attraction. If you are wearing clothing that is indecent or likely to cause offence in any way, you will be refused entry or removed from the Attraction. Stilettos and loose clothing are not allowed on some rides due to health and safety reasons.
Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk. We take no responsibility for damage caused to any vehicle using the car park and no guarantee is given as to the security of guests’ vehicles in the car park or any contents. A parking fee applies. If you lose your car park ticket, you will have to buy a new ticket. Motor homes, camper vans, caravans or any other vehicle of a similar nature are not permitted anywhere within the Attraction. No vehicles are permitted to remain in the Attraction outside the Attraction’s normal operating hours.
To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being brought into the Attraction, you are admitted to the Attraction subject to the condition that, if requested to do so, you will allow yourself and/or your belongings to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or affect the enjoyment of other guests is strictly prohibited. Any person found to be in possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be immediately escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund and we reserve the right to make reports to the relevant authorities which may lead to prosecution. The consumption of intoxicating liquor is permitted only in authorised places within the Attraction. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor may not be brought into the Attraction except with the express permission of Merlin and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission to the Attraction or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund. The use of illegal substances and/or legal highs (including, but not limited to, laughing gas) are strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances and/or legal highs will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund. CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of the Attraction. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras. All items, belongings and other property brought into the Attraction by you are at your own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, we recommend that you do not bring valuables to the Attraction.
Pets of any nature are expressly prohibited in the Attraction (except for guide dogs, hearing dogs and registered assistance dogs) and, for the avoidance of doubt, should not be left in any vehicle parked at the Attraction. We reserve the right to contact any relevant authority to make and be responsible for any decision in relation to any pets that are left unsupervised or that are found to be in distress.
Unless it is expressly prohibited, you are permitted to take photographs and recordingswithin the Attraction provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. You are prohibited from taking photographs and/or recordings whilst on any ride and/or attraction. Please note that harnessed or fixed cameras including, but not limited to, GoPro or similar brands are not allowed on any ride and/or attraction in any circumstances. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you acknowledge that Merlin may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by you and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to, or infringe the privacy of, other guests and/or staff. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and you must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Attraction. From time to time Merlin or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and you therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).
Merlin accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage suffered by you as a result of any event outside our control (including any distress, inconvenience, anxiety or loss of enjoyment arising from the evacuation of the Attraction). This does not affect your statutory rights.