Alton Towers have submitted a planning application to the Staffordshire Moorlands Council regarding a redevelopment of the existing Old MacDonald’s Farmyard area for 2014.
There have been many rumours and speculations about the Farmyard being redeveloped for the 2014 season in recent weeks, with the relocation of this year’s family entertainment sector for Scarefest to Fountain Square. Previously, Franklyn’s Freaky Farm has been situated within Old MacDonald’s Farmyard, but this year has been renamed and relocated for possibly what will become the beginning of the construction period.
Noticeable elements of the planning application include:
- Proposed extension to create a changing area in the Berry Bish Bash attraction. It is noted that the retheming of the existing Foam Factory building does not require planning permission and is excluded from the proposals.
- New themed characters to be added to the Tractor ride and new bunding. It is noted that the retheming of the ride does not require planning permission and is excluded from the proposals.
- Installation of new festival tents and a new canopy , essentially open sided structures that do not create an additional floor area.
- Demolition of the Dove Cote and the Dungheap attraction.
- Demolition of the big top tent.
TowersTimes will be thoroughly analysing the plans on our forums alongside our wonderful base of enthusiastic community members. Stay tuned for more information as we get it.