After a longer than anticipated wait, the Merlin Annual Pass Team has today unveiled further details of the brand new VIP Pass.
Launching on the 18th June costing £500, and limited to just 1000 passes, the VIP pass is the final part of the new Annual Pass structure, which was first announced in December 2013 prior to the January sale. The new pass will offer a range of additional benefits compared to the current standard and premium pass, including:
- Unlimited Fastracks enabling you to use the Fastrack queues as many times as you like
- Complimentary drinks capsules with unlimited refills
- Free priority parking at Alton Towers Resort, Legoland Resort Windsor and Warwick Castle and free standard parking at Thorpe Park Resort and Chessington World of Adventures Resort.
- A VIP pack containing a lanyard, cardholder, 2 golden tickets (which give access to a range of extras including champagne experiences at the London Eye), and a VIP pin.
- Two free celebration tickets for your friends.
Those interested in buying the passes will only have a limited opportunity to do so. The Merlin Annual Pass team will sell passes on a strictly first come, first served basis between 6pm – 9pm on Wednesday 18th June 2014. Those who are successful in obtaining the passes will be able to collect them the next day from their home attraction.
The pass was originally promised to be launched by March 2014, in time for the start of the main theme park season. However, as March came and went, there was still no sign of the new pass being launched, leaving many people frustrated at the lack of information – especially those who decided not to renew their previous passes in the January sale. The current package has been changed since the pass was originally announced, with the most significant change being the removal of the behind the scenes tours, something which will be a disappointment to some fans.
Will you be purchasing a VIP Pass? What do you think of the new scheme, are the extra perks worth the £500 price tag? Why not add your thoughts to the lively debate over on the TowersTimes Forum, and don’t forget to keep check back to TowersTimes for all the latest news and updates.
TowersTimes.co.uk Alton Towers Resort from another point of view!
TowersTimes is the largest independent guide to the Alton Towers Resort with all the information needed to help you plan your trip. We also have the most comprehensive history of the park available online.
TowersTimes Forum is the beating heart of the Alton Towers community. With thousands of active users, our free to join forum is the best place on the internet to share your thoughts, passions and memories of the Alton Towers Resort.